Monday, May 08, 2006

Simplicity & the Weekend

Well this weekend was the first time in a long long time that I was able to get out on my bike to get some errands done. It had to have been almost a year, since I dropped my "Goin' to Market" bike off at my sister's (since hers was stolen; then she promptly popped the tire and it's been sitting idle ever since). It was a great cheap bike, one that I could leave chained up outside and just grab and go whenever I had a quick errand to do. Granted it was often like pedalling uphill through mud with a dead squirrel in the chain, but that was just part of the charm (and exercise). And I've been skittish after the accident about clipping myself in and riding for distance. But it is actually as they say, "just like riding a bike". Back with the Goin' to Market bike, I never thought twice about riding 5 miles with 10 pounds of library books on my back, with the road bike it requires a little more balance. So a good 10 miles on the road bike on Saturday, to the library, the yarn store, the bank and the sporting good store. I feel better already.

No comments: