Monday, May 01, 2006

Simplicity & the Weekend

A nice little weekend just concluded: for the first time in a long time I found myself saying, Hmm there's nothing to do. It felt really good, like I had achieved some magical goal of ultimate simplicity. Even better, I was able to steer myself away from boredom just by using what I had in my car while I was out and about. A swim at the gym on Saturday, a nice hike in the nearby hills on Sunday. Kept me out of the malls and stopped me from spending money.

I wish I could say I'm back, hard at work, producing more quality television now... but our office decided to close this morning before I could get in due to its situation amid the parade route for the immigrant protest. So instead I'm at home eating a burrito and drinking a beer in the midafternoon. That's not wrong is it?

No comments: