Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Simplicity & the Finger

So it's been 8 months since the tree fell and broke my finger and I still feel like I'm no where near being done with therapy. (For those of you who missed the tree saga, I've finally uploaded the full story here:The History of the Tree) Had a visit to Doc Cranky Pants yesterday and he was equally unimpressed as to my progress as well. His suggestion, more surgery that may or may not work, will hurt more than the first one, and will probably blow through the remainder of the amount the YMCA's insurance company is giving me. Not to mention that now that this summer show is starting up, I wouldn't have time to do it anyway. So I made a pact with myself, kick my therapy into high gear. I admit I've been babying the finger for a few months now, but now I know that I can't get away with that anymore. I've spent the last 8 months working around the fact that I can't (or probably will never) be able to make a fist again and I believe it is only because of my adaptable and simplified nature that I have been able to do so. So now I'm on the campaign to wear my splint 5 or 6 hours a day instead of just 1.

Drinking with the Brits always makes my finger feel better.

No comments: