Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Today in Training: Well, yeseterday in training...actually the past 10 days in training if you want to be specific.

My love/hate relationship of NY shows off to my love/hate relationship of NJ.
Still rolling and rolling and rolling... had the weekend off for a quick trip to NH for AMC's wedding but after the 6 hour drive back, I got antsy and hit the streets for a 15 mile loop around the island...up the east side over 72nd through the park and then back down the Hudson River bikeway. The good thing about this training is that though I don't have a lot of free time to ride, when I do have the time, there's always somewhere I can ride to in the city. (See the view over there from the bikeway at when I ride home after work at 12:30a? Can't beat that.)

I've had a love/hate relationship with NYC for the past 20 years. Back in the early days I thought for sure that I wanted to live here, but in a "sliding doors" moment I chose in LA instead. Last summer we were so busy that there wasn't any time to stop and experience the beauty of the city. This year I'm blessed with a nice apartment in a quiet area that is far enough from everything that biking everywhere gives me a good workout and I'm saving money!

Excited for two new additions to my Climate Ride experience: they've asked me to lead one of the roundtable discussions when we're on the ride—I'm going to build a discussion on how simplicity can work to combat climate change and I've also signed up to meet my elected officials on the day after the ride in DC.

T-Minus: 45 days
Fundraising to go: $985
Total training miles ridden: 1135.91

Total books read since started: 26

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are urgently in need of kidney donors in Kokilaben Hospital India for the sum of $450,000,00,WhatsApp +917418483326
Tel: +91 9036106919
Email: kokilabendhirubhaihospital@gmail.com