Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Get on the Train, Y'all

So I've been getting a lot of crap lately about my upcoming cross country trek via the hobo method of choice: Amtrak. I'm not sure what the problem is for most of my critics, my travel plans don't affect them one way or the other, I'm arriving everywhere I need to be when I need to be there, so what's the big deal? I'm personally excited about the adventure, and I think the fact the people think I'm a little bit crazy for doing it just makes me want to do it more. I haven't checked out the ecological impact as compared with flying, but I believe pollution at ground level is slightly less damaging than burning kerosene right next to the ozone layer. I'm excited about being on my own for a while with nothing to do but focus my attention on writing. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why are you getting crap for it? Just curious, as it seems like a fun time to me!